WHO WE ARE
The Beeches Professional and Therapeutic Services Ltd is an independent Health and Social Care Provider based in Northern Ireland. It is a limited company legally registered at Companies House (NI028742).
Our website address is: https://thebeechesltd.com
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice serves to meet the obligations of your right to be informed under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which requires that data controllers provide data subjects with privacy information.
The Beeches Professional & Therapeutic Services Ltd (“The Beeches”) is a data controller meaning the organisation determines the purposes and means of processing personal data held about you.
A data subject is an identifiable and living individual to whom personal data relates.
Processing personal information involves obtaining, recording, holding or carrying out any operation or set of operations including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration
- retrieval, consultation or use
- disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect NO personal data about you when you visit and view our main website.
If you are a member of staff and login to the private “Staff Area” page we will collect the following personal data about you:
- Email address
- IP address
Additionally if you are an employee who has been granted user privileges to The Beeches WordPress site we will also retain the data that is shown on your User Profile screen.
The Beeches will not process any special category data about you.
Legal Basis for Collecting and using this Information
The Beeches has a legitimate interest in this information. We collect this data to provide the staff login service, maintain site security (verifying identities, prevent spam and malicious acts) and to communicate with staff and fulfill our legal obligations to keep them informed
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We may share your data with third parties as part of a sale or restructure, or for other reasons to comply with a legal obligation upon us.
We may share your data with independent contractor or third-party vendors who:
- need the information to help us provide our services
- process the information on our behalf
- need the information in order to provide their services to us
Independent contractors and third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
We do not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We retain your data for only as long as necessary to fulfill it stated purpose. Data will not be retained after your employment with The Beeches has ended.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you:
- The right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it;
- The right of access to the data we hold on you. More information on this can be found in the section headed “Access to Data” below and in our separate policy on Subject Access Requests”;
- The right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected. This is also known as ‘rectification’;
- The right to have data deleted in certain circumstances. This is also known as ‘erasure’;
- The right to restrict the processing of the data;
- The right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party. This is also known as ‘portability’;
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data.
Data Protection Officer
All request for further information about any aspect of our Data Protection procedures should be made to the Data Protection Officer:
Name: James Wilson
Telephone: 028 9265 1146
Information Commissioner Office
If you think your data rights have been breached or you are unhappy with any aspect of The Beeches data protection procedures you have the right to raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
How We Protect Your Data
We are aware of, and take very seriously our obligation to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to prevent such events and we actively monitor our service for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Third Party Links
Automated Decision Making
No decisions will be made about you solely on the basis of automated decision making or profiling based on your retained personal data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law, the type of work we do, and our privacy practices. We will notify our employees and other stakeholders of any significant changes to our privacy practice via our website and other communication channels.
This privacy notice was last updated on 20 May 2020.