🚢Virtual World Cruise🚢
Learning Disability Week ran from 14th – 20th June 2021 and to celebrate this we went on a Virtual World Cruise along with the TILII (Telling It Like It Is) Groups. TILII Groups are advocacy groups for people with a learning disability and because travel was limited due to Covid-19, it was great to be able to escape from it all by embarking on TILII’s Virtual World Cruise. We had 5 destinations on our journey.
- Day 1 was Northern Ireland – where we explored the beautiful local sights and heard the legend of the Giant’s Causeway. Michael created a menu he thought would have been good for the passengers on the Titanic including: shark soup and we learnt a lot of interesting facts about our home country.
- Day 2 we arrived in Japan – we saw some of the world’s tallest buildings, watched sumo wrestling and joined in with a karaoke session. Karen completed a word search on Japanese foods such as sushi and miso and Gordon completed a lovely picture of a Geisha Girl.
- Day 3 we arrived in America – we learnt about Native American Indians, visited the Statue of Liberty and The White House. We also got to watch the film ‘Grease’ (the TILII Group had their very own T-Birds and Pink Ladies and they did a great Job).
- Day 4 we docked in Egypt – here we were able to hitch a ride on a camel to explore the pyramids, we visited amazing museums and made our very own Egyptian Head Piece.
- Day 5 we were in Italy – we saw the Gladiators at the Roman Colosseum and visited the Vatican City. Eamon liked learning about all the lovely Italian food and decided pasta was his favourite, whilst David and Karen learnt a few words in Italian.
- Day 6 our final day was spent in India – we visited the Taj Mahal, some national parks and even saw the amazing Bengal tigers. As-well as this we also learnt about the popular Hindu Festival of Holi.
Throughout the journey we completed a series of activities which helped us discover and learn more about amazing places and wonderful people from across the world. So as-well as having fun we also learnt about diversity, equality and inclusion.
Everyone had a fantastic time onboard the TILII World Cruise as you can see from our many photographs below:
- Posted by Jenny Campbell
- On 21/06/2021
- 0 Comment