Mental Health Awareness Week (9th-15th May 2022) is organised and hosted by the Mental Health Foundation – a charity focused on mental health prevention and helping people to understand, protect and sustain their mental health.
This year, the theme was loneliness and residents within the Nursing Home have been joining in several workshops/activities where we have explored our thoughts, feelings, mood and behaviour. Understanding loneliness and ways we can connect with ourselves, others and the world around us, can improve our mental health. So this week residents have joined in:
- presentation on loneliness
- completed self-esteem worksheets
- completed self-care word searches
- joined in mindfulness relaxation
- went out for several walks in the local area
- joined in mindfulness colouring session
- enjoyed reflexology
- went on a trip to see the natural beauty of Mantalto Estate in Ballynahinch
We discovered how important it was to find our own healthy ways of expressing how we feel. We also realised that it may take time and practice to find our ways of connecting with our thoughts and feelings.
Have a look at our photographs below of residents trying out different relaxation techniques to support our mental health.
- Posted by Jenny Campbell
- On 13/05/2022
- 0 Comment